My gorgeous sister-in-law, Claire, told me about a delish sounding raw bounty bar on the Mrs Flannerys website. And of course I had to give it a go!! (Although it would have worked a little easier with your Vitamix Claire!!)
I worked out that it’s definitely important to use organic coconut so it will still contain a lot of the oil. It’s also easier to make it in a larger batch (min 1 cup) so it doesn’t get caught under the blades if using a food processor. (Also good as the whole recipe makes only a small batch and trust me, you’ll want more…)
• 1 cup Organic Desiccated Coconut
• 1/4 cup Organic Coconut Oil
• 1 TBS Organic Maple Syrup (or other natural sweetener ie. honey)
Raw Chocolate Coating:
• 3 TBS Organic Cacao Butter
• 1 TBS Organic Maple Syrup – or natural sweetener
• 2 TBS Organic Cacao Powder
PreparationFor the coconut filling:
• Make coconut butter by placing 1/2 cup of the coconut in a food processor and blend until butter forms
• Once you have the butter – add the rest of the filling ingredients and process until the mixture forms together.
• Pour the mixture into a lined baking dish and place in the freezer to set
For the chocolate covering:
• Melt the cacao butter until it has turned to a complete liquid.
• Then remove from heat and add cacao and maple syrup and mix well, making sure there are no lumps!
Take the filling out of the freezer, and tip upside down to remove from dish. Remove lining/paper and then cut into bit sized pieces.
Next, dip pieces into chocolate coating and pop them back into the fridge to set the chocolate completely.