Some cinnamon goodness with a hit of protein… Perfect snack for a chilly Tuesday afternoon.
2 1/2 cups quinoa, cooked and cooled (which is about 1 cup raw quinoa)
4 eggs, beaten
1/3 almond milk
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180º
- Place quinoa in a large mixing bowl. Line a baking pan or pyrex dish with baking paper and grease lightly
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon until thoroughly combined. Add maple syrup and whisk.
- Add egg mixture to cooked and cooled quinoa and stir to combine. Pour into dish evenly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until set and golden.
- Using parchment, remove bake from pan as soon as possible so that it doesn’t steam.
- Cool completely and cut into squares.
Super delish straight from the oven plain or spread with nut butter. My boys even had some for dessert topped with some stewed apple and rhubarb. Mmmm think I might have some too….
Recipe found on Popsugar
One thought on “Quinoa and cinnamon bake…”
Thanks Amy. I just finished cooking the Supercharged lasagne and was about to start hunting for a yummy snack treat to bake…..and this will be it. Looks delicious and versatile. Can you please post that delicious slice you shared in Byron. That was a winner!